[ClusterLabs] updu transport support with corosync

Abhijeet Singh abhijeetrks at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 12:13:01 EDT 2023

Hello,

We have a 2-node corosync/pacemaker cluster setup. We recently updated
corosync from v2.3.4 to v.3.0.3. I have couple of questions related to
corosync transport mechanism -

1. Found below article which indicates updu support might be deprecated in
the future. Is there a timeline for when updu might be deprecated? updu
seems to be performing better than knet in our setup.
https://www.mail-archive.com/users@clusterlabs.org/msg12806.html

2. We are using Linux 5.15.x. Noticed that with Knet transport corosync
takes up almost double memory as compared to updu. Is this expected? Are
there any config changes which can help reduce the memory footprint?

Thanks
Abhijeet