[ClusterLabs] pacemaker user question

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Wed Jan 11 09:57:41 EST 2023

Pacemaker only uses the user and group names directly. It will get the
IDs from the local system, so you can use any IDs you want.

The names themselves are configurable at compile-time. If you're using
pre-built packages, you're stuck with whatever the packager chose (most
likely the defaults, hacluster for the user and haclient for the
group). If you're building your own, you can specify them when running
./configure using the --with-daemon-user and --with-daemon-group
options.