[ClusterLabs] multiple resources - pgsqlms - and IP(s)

lejeczek peljasz at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jan 3 12:18:59 EST 2023

On 03/01/2023 17:03, Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, 3 Jan 2023 16:44:01 +0100
> lejeczek via Users <users at clusterlabs.org> wrote:
>
>> To get/have Postgresql cluster with 'pgsqlms' resource, such
>> cluster needs a 'master' IP - what do you guys do when/if
>> you have multiple resources off this agent?
>> I wonder if it is possible to keep just one IP and have all
>> those resources go to it - probably 'scoring' would be very
>> tricky then, or perhaps not?
> That would mean all promoted pgsql MUST be on the same node at any time.
> If one of your instance got some troubles and need to failover, *ALL* of them
> would failover.
>
> This imply not just a small failure time window for one instance, but for all
> of them, all the users.
>
>> Or you do separate IP for each 'pgsqlms' resource - the
>> easiest way out?
> That looks like a better option to me, yes.
>
> Regards,
Not related - Is this an old bug?:

-> $ pcs resource create pgsqld-apps ocf:heartbeat:pgsqlms
bindir=/usr/bin pgdata=/apps/pgsql/data op start timeout=60s
op stop timeout=60s op promote timeout=30s op demote
timeout=120s op monitor interval=15s timeout=10s
role="Master" op monitor interval=16s timeout=10s
role="Slave" op notify timeout=60s meta promotable=true
notify=true master-max=1 --disable
Error: Validation result from agent (use --force to override):
   ocf-exit-reason:You must set meta parameter notify=true
for your master resource
Error: Errors have occurred, therefore pcs is unable to continue