[ClusterLabs] multiple resources - pgsqlms - and IP(s)

Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais jgdr at dalibo.com
Tue Jan 3 11:03:12 EST 2023

Hi,

On Tue, 3 Jan 2023 16:44:01 +0100
lejeczek via Users <users at clusterlabs.org> wrote:

> To get/have Postgresql cluster with 'pgsqlms' resource, such
> cluster needs a 'master' IP - what do you guys do when/if
> you have multiple resources off this agent?
> I wonder if it is possible to keep just one IP and have all
> those resources go to it - probably 'scoring' would be very
> tricky then, or perhaps not?

That would mean all promoted pgsql MUST be on the same node at any time.
If one of your instance got some troubles and need to failover, *ALL* of them
would failover.

This imply not just a small failure time window for one instance, but for all
of them, all the users.

> Or you do separate IP for each 'pgsqlms' resource - the
> easiest way out?

That looks like a better option to me, yes.