[ClusterLabs] cluster with redundant links - PCSD offline

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Mon Feb 27 12:24:39 EST 2023

On Sun, 2023-02-26 at 18:15 +0100, lejeczek via Users wrote:
> Hi guys.
>
> I have a simple 2-node cluster with redundant links and I wonder why
> status reports like this:
> Node List:
>   * Node swir (1): online, feature set 3.16.2
>   * Node whale (2): online, feature set 3.16.2
> PCSD Status:
>   swir: Online
>   whale: Offline
>
> Cluster's config:
> Nodes:
>   swir:
>     Link 0 address: 10.1.1.100
>     Link 1 address: 10.3.1.100
>     nodeid: 1
>   whale:
>     Link 0 address: 10.1.1.101
>     Link 1 address: 10.3.1.101
>     nodeid: 2
>
> Is that all normal for a cluster when 'Link 0' is down?
> I thought redundant link(s) would be for that exact reason - so
> cluster would remain fully operational.
>
> many thanks, L.

If you're referring to the "Offline" under "PCSD Status", yes, that's
normal. That only affects the pcsd daemon used to coordinate pcs
commands across all nodes, not the cluster itself. As far as I know,
pcsd has no way to use multiple links.

The "online" under "Nodes" is what's relevant to the operation of the
cluster itself.