[ClusterLabs] Pacemaker 2.1.6-rc1 now available

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Mon Apr 17 09:44:12 EDT 2023

Hi all,

The first release candidate for Pacemaker 2.1.6 is now available at:

https://github.com/ClusterLabs/pacemaker/releases/tag/Pacemaker-2.1.6-rc1

Highlights include new features for managing node attributes, and
easier use of resource descroptions.

Utilization node attributes may now be transient. attrd_updater now
supports a --wait parameter to return only once the new value is
effective locally or cluster-wide. Both crm_attribute and attrd_updater
support --pattern in more usages.

Resource descriptions may now be managed using the crm_resource --
element option, and will be displayed in crm_mon --show-detail output.

In addition, alerts and alert recipients may now be temporarily
disabled by setting the new "enabled" meta-attribute to false.

This release also includes a number of bug fixes. For details, see the
above link.

Everyone is encouraged to download, compile and test the new release.
We do many regression tests and simulations, but we can't cover all
possible use cases, so your feedback is important and appreciated.

Many thanks to all contributors of source code and language
translations to this release, including binlingyu, Chris Lumens, Fabio
M. Di Nitto, Gao,Yan, Grace Chin, Ken Gaillot, Klaus Wenninger,
lihaipeng, liupei, liutong, Reid Wahl, Tahlia Richardson, wanglujun,
WangMengabc, xuezhixin, and zhanghuanhuan.