[ClusterLabs] HA problem: No live migration when setting node on standby

Andrei Borzenkov arvidjaar at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 07:35:35 EDT 2023

On Fri, Apr 14, 2023 at 11:45 AM Philip Schiller

> I would like to know if the order constraint <order drbd_vm_after_drbd_fs Mandatory: ms-drbd_fs:promote drbd_vm>
> is equivalent to: "First promote ms-drbd_fs then start drbd_vm".

No, it is not. It is equivalent to

order drbd_vm_after_drbd_fs Mandatory: ms-drbd_fs:promote drbd_vm:promote

which is effectively ignored (as drbd)vm is never promoted).

As far as I can tell, pacemaker simply does not support migration
together with demote/promote actions. I don't really know the reasons.