[ClusterLabs] RFE: sdb clone

Klaus Wenninger kwenning at redhat.com
Tue Sep 27 04:51:24 EDT 2022

On Tue, Sep 20, 2022 at 3:59 PM Ulrich Windl <
Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have a proposal (request) for enhancing sbd:
> (I'm not suggesting a complete rewrite with reasonable options, as I had
> don that before already ;-))
> When configuring an additional disk device, it would be quite handy to be
> able to "clone" the configuration from an existing device.

what you're suggesting is instead of entering the parameters for creation
of a device you would like
to have the possibility to instead point to an existing configured device?
sounds like a good idea.

> As I understand it, sbd uses the physical block size for disk layout, so a
> simple dd won't do the job when old and new device use different physical
> block sizes, right?

yep - physical block size is queried and used for message-box entries - for
good reason

Klaus