[ClusterLabs] RFE: sdb clone

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Tue Sep 20 09:59:28 EDT 2022

Hi!

I have a proposal (request) for enhancing sbd:
(I'm not suggesting a complete rewrite with reasonable options, as I had don that before already ;-))
When configuring an additional disk device, it would be quite handy to be able to "clone" the configuration from an existing device.
As I understand it, sbd uses the physical block size for disk layout, so a simple dd won't do the job when old and new device use different physical block sizes, right?
I think manually entering the parameters for the sbd header (the way it has to be done now) is quite error-prone, and it's easy to configure devices using different timing parameters.

Regards,
Ulrich