[ClusterLabs] [External] : Re: Fence Agent tests

Robert Hayden robert.h.hayden at oracle.com
Mon Nov 7 09:06:51 EST 2022

Yes.

> Also what is the status of Pacemaker when the network is down? Does it
> report no quorum or something else?

Pacemaker on the failing node shows quorum even though it has lost
communication to the Quorum Device and to the other node in the cluster.
The non-failing node of the cluster can see the Quorum Device system and
thus correctly determines to fence the failing node and take over its
resources.

Only after I run firewall-cmd --panic-off, will the failing node start to log
messages about loss of TOTEM and getting a new consensus with the
now visible members.

I think all of that explains the lack of self-fencing when the sbd setting of
SBD_PACEMAKER=yes is used.