[ClusterLabs] Fence Agent tests

Andrei Borzenkov arvidjaar at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 02:17:08 EDT 2022

On 04.11.2022 23:46, Robert Hayden wrote:
> I am working on a Fencing agent for the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) environment to complete power fencing of compute instances.  The only fencing setups I have seen for OCI are using SBD, but that is insufficient with full network interruptions since OCI uses iSCSI to write/read to the SBD disk.

Out of curiosity - why is it insufficient? If cluster node is completely
isolated, it should commit suicide. If host where cluster node is
running is completely isolated, then you cannot do anything with this
host anyway.

I am not familiar with OCI architecture so I may be missing something
obvious here.