[ClusterLabs] QDevice not found after reboot but appears after cluster restart

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at ha.open.source.it
Thu Jul 28 16:24:34 EDT 2022

On Thursday 28 July 2022 at 22:17:01, john tillman wrote:

> I have a two cluster setup with a qdevice. 'pcs quorum status' from a
> cluster node shows the qdevice casting a vote.  On the qdevice node
> 'corosync-qnetd-tool -s' says I have 2 connected clients and 1 cluster.
> The vote count looks correct when I shutdown either one of the cluster
> nodes or the qdevice.  So the voting seems to be working at this point.

Indeed - shutting down 1 of 3 nodes leaves quorum intact, therefore everything
still awake knows what's going on.

> From this state, if I reboot both my cluster nodes at the same time

Ugh!

> but leave the qdevice node running, the cluster will not see the qdevice
> when the nodes come back up: 'pcs quorum status' show 3 votes expected but
> only 2 votes cast (from the cluster nodes).

I would think this is to be expected, since if you reboot 2 out of 3 nodes,
you completely lose quorum, so the single node left has no idea what to trust
when the other nodes return.

Starting from a situation such as this, your only hope is to rebuilt the
cluster from scratch, IMHO.

Antony.

--
Police have found a cartoonist dead in his house.  They say that details are
currently sketchy.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.