[ClusterLabs] Antw: [EXT] /etc/profile.d/which2.sh bug in RHEL/OL 8.5 can impact shell scripts

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Mon Jan 31 03:00:38 EST 2022

>>> "Hayden, Robert via Users" <users at clusterlabs.org> schrieb am 30.01.2022
um
00:00 in Nachricht
<DM6PR01MB5596D31A54575EBAEA4372ECD5239 at DM6PR01MB5596.prod.exchangelabs.com>:

é>1> Just an FYI ‑ there is a bug[1] in /etc/profile.d/which2.sh script that
can
> cause ksh scripts to fail.   This impacted a Cluster when I upgraded to
> Oracle Linux 8.5.  We have a custom resource that calls a ksh script.
Within
> that ksh script we were sourcing /etc/profile.   This in turn, sources the
> /etc/profile.d/which2.sh script.   The which2.sh script returned an error
> that cascaded back through our Cluster Suite resource shell script causing
> the node to evict.   I downloaded Red Hat's proposed fix and that resolved
my
> ksh script issues.   I am hoping that Red Hat releases the correction for
> RHEL 8.5.

Out of curiosity: Can ksh do anything bash can't, or is it just the other way
'round?
I haven't used ksh, but I switched from csh to bash once it had command
history and editing.
I never felt I need something different...

Regards,
Ulrich