[ClusterLabs] what is the "best" way to completely shutdown a two-node cluster ?

Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais jgdr at dalibo.com
Mon Feb 7 10:13:46 EST 2022

On Mon, 7 Feb 2022 14:24:44 +0100 (CET)
"Lentes, Bernd" <bernd.lentes at helmholtz-muenchen.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i'm currently changing a bit in my cluster because i realized the my
> configuration for a power outtage didn't work as i expected. My idea is
> currently:
> - first stop about 20 VirtualDomains, which are my services. This will surely
> takes some minutes. I'm thinking of stopping each with a time difference of
> about 20 seconds for not getting to much IO load. and then ...
> - how to stop the other resources ?

I would set cluster option "stop-all-resources" so all remaining resources are
stopped gracefully by the cluster.

Then you can stop both nodes using eg. "crm cluster stop".

On restart, after both nodes are up and joined to the cluster, you can set
"stop-all-resources=false", then start your VirtualDomains.