[ClusterLabs] podman containers as resources - ? - with a twist

lejeczek peljasz at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Dec 28 09:07:52 EST 2022

Hi guys.

I have a situation which begins to look like quite the
pickle and I'm in it, with no possible or no elegant at
least, way out.
I'm hoping you guys can share your thoughts.
My cluster mounts a path, in two steps
1) runs systemd luks service
2) mount that unlocked luks device under a certain path
now...
that certain path is where user(s) home dir resides and...
as the result of all that 'systemd' does not pick up user's
systemd units. (must be way too late for 'systemd')

How would you fix that?
Right now I manually poke systemd with, as that given user:
-> $ systemctl --user daemon-reload
only then 'systemd' picks up user units - until then
'systemd' says "Unit ...  could not be found"
Naturally, I do not want 'manually'.

I'm thinking...
somehow have cluster make OS's 'systemd' redo that user
systemd bits, after the resource successful start, or...
have cluster somehow manage that user's systemd units
directly, on its own.

In case it might make it bit more clear - those units are
'podman' containers, non-root containers.

All thoughts shared are much appreciated.
many thanks, L.