[ClusterLabs] Antw: [EXT] Re: mdraid - pacemaker resource agent

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Fri Dec 9 07:00:50 EST 2022

>>> Roger Zhou via Users <users at clusterlabs.org> schrieb am 09.12.2022 um 11:26
in
Nachricht <edae1e37-f153-0afb-665b-5660709e968c at suse.com>:

> On 12/9/22 17:36, Jelen, Piotr wrote:
>> Hi Roger,
>>
>> Thank you for your quick reply,
>> The mdraid resource agent works very well for us,
>> Can you please tell me if there is any resource agent or tool build in
> pacemaker  for sync configuration file(s) such as /etc/exports for nfs
> service between cluster nodes without mounting shares and creating symbolic

> link(s)  ?

I wonder (also see below Roger's response): Don't you add exportfs resources
to your NFS server? Then you don't need to sync the exports file.
primitive prm_nfs_XYZ_exp exportfs \
        params clientspec="@XYZ_hosts" directory="/exports/XYZ" fsid=...
options="rw,..."

OK, we don't sync exportfs, but use netgroups from LDAP to define host access.
That way we don't have to adjust the cluster config when new NFS clients are
added...

> I incline to ask you describe your use case a little bit more. Without
> knowing
> it well, my view might be not fit you.
>
> csync2 is often used by ClusterLabs community. But it is an individual
tool,
> and is not part of pacemaker. https://github.com/linbit/csync2
>
> However, you refers to /etc/exports. I guess your use case is High
Available
> NFS? If so, you could leverage `man ocf_heartbeat_exportfs`. But this
> resource
> agent doesn't use /etc/exports at all.
>

> BR,
> Roger
>

>> Thank you
>> Piotr Jelen
>> Senior Systems Platform Engineer
>>
>> Mastercard
>> Mountain View, Central Park  | Leopard

>>> 8dGLM1RMQwf7xTCjRqXF0jmCF6SP0bDlmMmY&r=UzPNWvRnAChMyFZDGSUcEqtZElcu_Xn
>>> gP1GiT3HLUmI&m=OHY6Rfbo326vRgEACkHp-D4nbNFyihVuQak3w9YeTXJQ1SeBV2P-c7c
>>> GumwQuS51&s=pOg6p7HopMV1E14QJmLReC7z_2_IBPhFWTWst5YO1FA&e= >
>>>

>> Yes. Why not ;). We don't see big missing piece, though might have some
> improvement for the certain scenario. Anyway, you could report the issue, or

> provide improvement code, if any.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Roger
>>

>>> Thank you
>>>
>>> *Piotr Jelen*
>>>
>>> Senior Systems Platform Engineer
>>>
>>> Mastercard
>>>
>>> Mountain View, Central Park  | Leopard
>>>
>>>        [mastercard.com] <http://www.mastercard.com>
>>>

>>> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE This e-mail message and any attachments are
>>> only for the use of the intended recipient and may contain information
>>> that is privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure under
>>> applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure,
>>> distribution or other use of this e-mail message or attachments is
>>> prohibited. If you have received this e-mail message in error, please
delete
> and notify the sender immediately. Thank you.

>>> F6SP0bDlmMmY&r=UzPNWvRnAChMyFZDGSUcEqtZElcu_XngP1GiT3HLUmI&m=OHY6Rfbo3
>>> 26vRgEACkHp-D4nbNFyihVuQak3w9YeTXJQ1SeBV2P-c7cGumwQuS51&s=ffs3MlOD3Dhd
>>> GPsQ5ikhdnYpI1fwmHosCj3lcGclCC8&e=
>>>
>>> ClusterLabs home:
>>> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.clusterlabs.o
>>> rg_&d=DwIDaQ&c=uc5ZRXl8dGLM1RMQwf7xTCjRqXF0jmCF6SP0bDlmMmY&r=UzPNWvRnA
>>> ChMyFZDGSUcEqtZElcu_XngP1GiT3HLUmI&m=OHY6Rfbo326vRgEACkHp-D4nbNFyihVuQ
>>> ak3w9YeTXJQ1SeBV2P-c7cGumwQuS51&s=z_dYDvqUIF8kA-K2k0kgO_YirTwL_MFT9jED