[ClusterLabs] Antw: [EXT] Trying to understand dampening (ping)

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Thu Oct 14 02:29:23 EDT 2021

Hi!

IMHO "dampening" was a very bad term, and it had confused me right from the
start.
Maybe "change_ignore_time" would have been better.
But actually a true moving average (over a fixed window) would be much
preferrable.
Maybe exponential averaging, too.

And the description in pingd is very poor, also:
dampen (integer, [1s]): Dampening interval
    The time to wait (dampening) further changes occur

Regards,
Ulrich

>>> martin doc <db1280 at hotmail.com> schrieb am 13.10.2021 um 17:01 in
Nachricht