[ClusterLabs] Antw: [EXT] Re: I'm doing something stupid probably but...

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Wed Oct 13 02:52:33 EDT 2021

<CACyJYa1TS8Hy9c_1T4x=LkbQc9+7ncMcdgMqyQ=-RiDU=k1yVw at mail.gmail.com>:
> Sigh...never mind.  node2 was in standby (not sure how that happened)...pcs
> node unstandby node2 and now it's working.

For the future:
Such reports are of little help to anyone, and you cannot expect any help unless you provide some details from your cluster.
Something like at least the output of:
crm_mon -1Arfj

(If you had done that, you would have seen your problem much earlier, I guess)

Regards,
Ulrich

> ---
>

> Regards,
>
> Kevin Martin
>

> On Tue, Oct 12, 2021 at 3:43 PM kevin martin <ktmdms at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Ok, so I'm doing more wrong than I thought.  I did a "pcs cluster stop
>> node1" on the main node expecting it would roll over the virtual ip to
>> node2, no joy.  So "graceful" failover doesnt' work either.  The actual
>> message is:  (pcmk__native_allocate)   info: Resource virtual_ip cannot run
>> anywhere
>>
>> ---
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Kevin Martin
>>

>> On Tue, Oct 12, 2021 at 3:32 PM kevin martin <ktmdms at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I'm trying to replace a 2 node cluster running on rhel6 with a 2 node
>>> cluster on el8 using the version of pacemaker/corosync/pcsd that's in the
>>> repos (pacemake 1.1.20, pcs 0-.9, corosync 2.4.3 on el6 and 2.0.5, 0.10,
>>> and 3.1 on el8) and I must be doing something wrong.  when I shutdown the
>>> main node of the cluster (like with a reboot after patching) I expect the
>>> virtual ip to move to the 2nd node, however I'm not seeing that. i'm seeing
>>> a message in the pacemaker log that says the virtual ip cannot run
>>> anywhere.  I'm not sure what I'm supposed to configure to allow that to
>>> happen (again, this is with a reboot of the main node so it's an ungraceful