[ClusterLabs] Antw: Re: Antw: [EXT] Move a resource only where another has Started

Andrei Borzenkov arvidjaar at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 15:50:26 EDT 2021

On 11.10.2021 10:15, Ulrich Windl wrote:
> Nachricht <b2dd249c-a887-8e53-3010-1c2852525009 at gmail.com>:
>> On 10.10.2021 14:29, martin doc wrote:

>> For each resource pacemaker computes allocation scores for each node
>> (taking into account colocation). Node with the highest score wins. If
>> multiple nodes have the same score, pacemaker should select node
>> according to balancing strategy.
>
> From the output of "crm_simulate -LUs" it's very hard to see that. My guess was that utilization even influences the initial score.

I do not see it.

> For example:
>
> Allocation scores and utilization information:
> native_assign_node: prm_stonith_sbd utilization on h16:
> pcmk__clone_allocate: cln_DLM allocation score on h16: 18060
> pcmk__clone_allocate: cln_DLM allocation score on h18: 15030
> pcmk__clone_allocate: cln_DLM allocation score on h19: 15030
>
> My guess it that the score from above is from utilization.

May be. Without seeing your actual configuration there is no way to even
attempt to guess.

What I see is normal scores according to (co-)location constraints
augmented by utilization (i.e. resource would not come up anywhere if
the only node it is allowed to run on would become overloaded).

I have just two node test cluster, and resources are distributed across
two nodes whatever strategy I set (with obvious exception of "minimal").
But as I already said in another mail, I do not quite understand the
configuration and it was never fully described.