[ClusterLabs] Antw: [EXT] Move a resource only where another has Started

martin doc db1280 at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 10 06:56:35 EDT 2021

From: Andrei Borzenkov, 9 October 2021 5:40 PM
> What is the value of placement-strategy cluster property?

"balanced".

I unset that and there was a flurry of activity but nothing changed.

Interesting in the pacemaker log for the host that is "empty" is that it started the MyGw clone up locally but then says:

notice:  * Start      MyGw:2  ( node1)
warning: Action 1 (MyGw:2_monitor_0) on node1 failed (target: 7 vs. rc: 0): Error
notice: Transition aborted by operation MyGw:2_monitor_0 'modify' on node1: Event failed

The "rc=0" I assume comes from the probe logged by crmd on node1, which calls monitor and that returns 0.

(rpm -qf says crmd belongs to pacemaker 1.1.23)

I don't understand why it is trying to "Start" a service that "pcs status" shows up as "Started".