[ClusterLabs] Antw: [EXT] Coming in Pacemaker 2.1.2: new fencing configuration options

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Fri Oct 8 02:18:22 EDT 2021

>>> Ken Gaillot <kgaillot at redhat.com> schrieb am 07.10.2021 um 22:53 in
Nachricht
<8bec6dc04c52d4ac5c2a8055eb7bae455f5a449d.camel at redhat.com>:
> Hi all,
>
> We're looking ahead to the next Pacemaker release already. Even though
> we had a recent release for a regression fix, I want to get back to the
> goal of having a release before the holidays.
>
> The new release will have a couple of enhancements to fencing
> configuration options.
>
> The existing pcmk_delay_base option lets you set a delay before a fence
> action will be attempted. This is often used on one device in a 2‑node
> cluster to help avoid a "death match".

OK, could you summarize the situation in a 2-node cluster that leads to both
nodes being fenced?
Also how long would such a delay be: Long enough until the other node is
fenced, or long enough until the other node was fenced, booted (assuming it
does) and is running pacemaker?
Does it make a difference whether the nodes are configured to do a power-off
or reset, and or configured to automatically start pacemaker when booting or
not.

It seems it makes no sense if the nodes power off on fence or do not start
pacemaker when booting, but I could be wrong.

Regards,
Ulrich