[ClusterLabs] Which verson of pacemaker/corosync provides crm_feature_set 3.0.10?

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Tue Nov 23 17:12:37 EST 2021

On Tue, 2021-11-23 at 14:11 -0500, vitaly wrote:
> Hello,
> I am working on the upgrade from older version of pacemaker/corosync
> to the current one. In the interim we need to sync newly installed
> node with the node running old software. Our old node uses pacemaker
> 1.1.13-3.fc22 and corosync 2.3.5-1.fc22 and has crm_feature_set
> 3.0.10.
>
> For interim sync I used pacemaker 1.1.18-2.fc28 and corosync 2.4.4-
> 1.fc28. This version is using crm_feature_set 3.0.14.
> This version is working fine, but it has issues in some edge cases,
> like when the new node starts alone and then the old one tries to
> join.

That's the intended behavior of mixed-version clusters -- once an older
node leaves the cluster, it can't rejoin without being upgraded. This
allows new features to become available once all older nodes are gone.

Mixed-version clusters should only be used in a rolling upgrade, i.e.
upgrading each node in turn and returning it to the cluster.

> So I need to rebuild rpms for crm_feature_set 3.0.10. This will be
> used just once and then it will be upgraded to the latest versions of
> pacemaker and corosync.
>
> Now, couple of questions:
> 1. Which rpm defines crm_feature_set?

The feature set applies to all RPMs of a particular version. You can't
mix and match RPMs from different versions.

> 2. Which version of this rpm has crm_feature_set 3.0.10?

The feature set of each released version can be seen at:

https://wiki.clusterlabs.org/wiki/ReleaseCalendar

1.1.13 through 1.1.15 had feature set 3.0.10

> 3. Where could I get source rpms to rebuild this rpm on CentOs 8?
> Thanks a lot!
> _Vitaly Zolotusky

The stock packages in the repos should be fine. All newer versions
support rolling upgrades from 1.1.13.