[ClusterLabs] resource start after network reconnected

john tillman johnt at panix.com
Thu Nov 18 14:33:28 EST 2021

Greetings all,

preamble: RHEL8, PCS 0.10.8, COROSYNC 3.1.0, PACEMAKER 2.0.5

I have a mysql resource, cloned, that is behaving the way I wanted.  When
the node it is on is unplugged from the network quorum is lost and the
mysqld service stops.  Great.  Oh, and fencing is disabled.

When the network connectivity is restored I'd like it to restart but it
doesn't.  What needs to be done to make this happen automatically?  Or
what section of the doc should reread more thoroughly?

When mysql is stopped because of the above, if I run "pcs resource
refresh" it starts?  Any ideas why the "refresh" would do that?

It is definitely that call to refresh that triggers the start because I've
run a handful of tests and the time between reconnecting the network and
pcs resource refresh call varied by as much as 10 minutes.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Regards,
-John