[ClusterLabs] staggered resource start/stop

Klaus Wenninger kwenning at redhat.com
Tue Mar 30 01:32:27 EDT 2021

On 3/29/21 8:44 AM, d tbsky wrote:
> Reid Wahl <nwahl at redhat.com>
>> An order constraint set with kind=Serialize (which is mentioned in the first reply to the thread you linked) seems like the most logical option to me. You could serialize a set of resource sets, where each inner set contains a VirtualDomain resource and an ocf:heartbeat:Delay resource.
>>
>>   ⁠5.3.1. Ordering Properties (https://clusterlabs.org/pacemaker/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/2.0/html-single/Pacemaker_Explained/index.html#idm46061192464416)
>>   ⁠5.6. Ordering Sets of Resources (https://clusterlabs.org/pacemaker/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/2.0/html-single/Pacemaker_Explained/index.html#s-resource-sets-ordering)
>       thanks a lot! I don't know there is an official RA acting as
> delay. that's interesting and useful to me.
In this case it might be useful not to wait some defined time
hoping startup of the VM would have gone far enough that
the IO load has already decayed enough.
What about a resource that checks for something running
inside the VM that indicates that startup has completed?
Don't remember if the VirtualDomain RA might already
have such a probe possibility.

Klaus