[ClusterLabs] staggered resource start/stop

Reid Wahl nwahl at redhat.com
Mon Mar 29 02:34:10 EDT 2021

An order constraint set with kind=Serialize (which is mentioned in the
first reply to the thread you linked) seems like the most logical option to
me. You could serialize a set of resource sets, where each inner set
contains a VirtualDomain resource and an ocf:heartbeat:Delay resource.

 ⁠5.3.1. Ordering Properties (
https://clusterlabs.org/pacemaker/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/2.0/html-single/Pacemaker_Explained/index.html#idm46061192464416
)
 ⁠5.6. Ordering Sets of Resources (
https://clusterlabs.org/pacemaker/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/2.0/html-single/Pacemaker_Explained/index.html#s-resource-sets-ordering
)

On Sun, Mar 28, 2021 at 7:02 PM d tbsky <tbskyd at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi:
>    since the vm start/stop at once will consume disk IO, I want to
> start/stop the vm
> one-by-one with delay.
>
>     search the email-list I found the discussion
> https://oss.clusterlabs.org/pipermail/pacemaker/2013-August/043128.html
>
>     now I am testing rhel8 with pacemaker 2.0.4. I wonder if there are
> new methods to solve the problem. I search the document but didn't
> find new parameters for the job.
>
>     if possible I don't want to modify VirtualDomain RA which comes
> with standard rpm package. maybe I should write a new RA which stagger
> the node utilization. but if I reset the node utilization when cluster
> restart, there maybe a race condition.
>
>      thanks for help!

Reid Wahl, RHCA
Senior Software Maintenance Engineer, Red Hat
CEE - Platform Support Delivery - ClusterHA