[ClusterLabs] staggered resource start/stop

d tbsky tbskyd at gmail.com
Sun Mar 28 22:01:21 EDT 2021

Hi:
   since the vm start/stop at once will consume disk IO, I want to
start/stop the vm
one-by-one with delay.

    search the email-list I found the discussion
https://oss.clusterlabs.org/pipermail/pacemaker/2013-August/043128.html

    now I am testing rhel8 with pacemaker 2.0.4. I wonder if there are
new methods to solve the problem. I search the document but didn't
find new parameters for the job.

    if possible I don't want to modify VirtualDomain RA which comes
with standard rpm package. maybe I should write a new RA which stagger
the node utilization. but if I reset the node utilization when cluster
restart, there maybe a race condition.

     thanks for help!