[ClusterLabs] The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Klaus Wenninger kwenning at redhat.com
Mon Mar 22 05:48:15 EDT 2021

On 3/18/21 3:45 PM, Ken Gaillot wrote:
> "Clusters from Scratch" is exactly that. The currently published one is
> based on CentOS 7:
>
> https://clusterlabs.org/pacemaker/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/2.0/html-single/Clusters_from_Scratch/
>
> A new one based on CentOS Stream 8 will be published with the next
> release. A preview is available:
>
> http://people.redhat.com/~kgaillot/pacemaker/doc/2.0/Clusters_from_Scratch/html/
>
> You only need to do through Chapter 7 to get a clustered web server
> working. After that, you need some way to synchronize the web
> documents; the walk-through demonstrates DRBD and GFS, but you can use
> any means available to you.
As I understood it just the proxy should be clustered.
So I'd guess a synchronization of the webserver-data isn't needed
as the actual webserver is running outside the cluster on node3.
Maybe Jason you can ack that view.

Regards,
Klaus

> [...]
>> kgaillot at redhat.com> wrote:
>>

>> On Wed, 2021-03-17 at 20:37 +0000, Jason Long wrote:
>>> The 192.168.1.4 is my secondary VM.
>>> I want to follow "
>>> https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-set-up-an-apache-active-passive-cluster-using-pacemaker-on-centos-7
>>> " tutorial.
>>> At "Step 8 — Adding the Apache Resource", I got below problems:
>> Verify that you did Step 2 on node3. With the cluster stopped, start
>> the web server manually, and use curl or wget to verify that you can
>> successfully get the /server-status URL from the local host.
>>
>> Step 6 is a bad idea. You should configure and test fencing instead,
>> before adding resources.
>>
>>> 1- In the tutorial example, you will see:
>>>

>>> Full list of resources:
>>>      * Cluster_VIP    (ocf::heartbeat:IPaddr2):  Started webnode01
>>>      * WebServer  (ocf::heartbeat:apache):    Started webnode02
>>>

>>> But mine:
>>>

>>> Full List of Resources:
>>>    * Cluster_VIP    (ocf::heartbeat:IPaddr2):    Started node1
>>>    * WebServer    (ocf::heartbeat:apache):    Starting node2
>>>

>>> Please be careful about "Started" and "Starting" words.
>>>

>>> 2- I wanted to restart the Apache resource, but:
>>>

>>> [root at node1 log]# sudo pcs resource restart WebServer
>>> Error: crm_resource: Error performing operation: Timer expired
>>> Set 'WebServer' option: id=WebServer-meta_attributes-target-role
>>> set=WebServer-meta_attributes name=target-role value=stopped
>>> Waiting for 1 resources to stop:
>>>    * WebServer
>>> Deleted 'WebServer' option: id=WebServer-meta_attributes-target-
>>> role
>>> name=target-role
>>> Waiting for 1 resources to start again:
>>>    * WebServer
>>> Could not complete restart of WebServer, 1 resources remaining
>>>    * WebServer
>>>

>>> Logs are:
>>> https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/nHfTRFh4RD/
>>>

>>> Why?
>>>

>>> On Wednesday, March 17, 2021, 11:42:11 PM GMT+3:30, Jason Long <
>>> hack3rcon at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>>

>>> Yes, I want Apache always on node3, and then the reverse proxy can
>>> move between node1 and node2.
>>> Please see my new efforts.
>>>

>>> On Wednesday, March 17, 2021, 11:38:01 PM GMT+3:30, Ken Gaillot <
>>> kgaillot at redhat.com> wrote:
>>>

>>> It sounds to me like your intent is to have apache always on node3,
>>> and
>>> then the reverse proxy can move between node1 and node2. The
>>> floating
>>> IP address, which is what users use to contact the site, is
>>> associated
>>> with the reverse proxy.
>>>
>>> In any case, the floating IP should be an *additional* IP that is
>>> not
>>> the primary IP address of any host. The cluster will associate this
>>> IP
>>> with whichever node is running the proxy.
>>>
>>> If the above scenario is what you want, then you can ban the web
>>> from node1 and node2, create a group consisting of the floating IP