[ClusterLabs] pacemaker-2.0.x version support on “RHEL 7” OS

S Sathish S s.s.sathish at ericsson.com
Tue Mar 9 00:09:06 EST 2021

Hi Ken/Team,

Thanks for the prompt response.

pacemaker 2.0.2 version from upstream source we build and run on RHEL 7 with corosync-2.4.4  & pcs-0.9.169 software version.

Due to CVE-2020-25654 high vulnerability is open on both the pacemaker 1.x and 2.x stream and fix is available in pacemaker 2.0.5 version. Then pacemaker 2.0.5 version we have built from upstream source and run on RHEL 7 with corosync-2.4.4  & pcs-0.9.169 software version and found "pcs status resources" command not working and raised support ticket with clusterlab below response for the same.

Clusterlab response : pcs-0.9 does not support pacemaker => 2.0.0. You can go with pcs-0.9 + corosync < 3 + pacemaker 1.x OR pcs-0.10 + corosync 3.x + pacemaker 2.x. Combination of corosync 2 + pacemaker 2 is not supported in any pcs version, even though it may work to some degree.

Ticket reference : https://www.mail-archive.com/users@clusterlabs.org/msg11091.html

Now we are trying to build latest pcs-0.10 version from upstream source has runtime dependencies for ruby 2.2.0+ Which is not available in RHEL 7.x stream and getting compilation error , Please check and advise us whether pcs-0.10 is supported on RHEL 7.

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D714D0.6B796570]

Thanks and Regards,
S Sathish S