[ClusterLabs] Antw: [EXT] Re: Issue with Pacemaker config related to VIP and an LSB resource

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Wed Jun 16 03:05:44 EDT 2021

>>> Michael Romero <mromero at convoso.com> schrieb am 16.06.2021 um 08:02 in
Nachricht
<CAP2uDNvUF2qNgU8y_ywCtKFio3bTGuVtwB7WVBeFDzGFhsT2Yg at mail.gmail.com>:
> “But in general I guess the idea of rechecking resource after failure
> timeout once (similar to initial probe) sounds interesting. It could be

I think the standad behaviour is "recover", i.e.: try to restart the resource
on the same node anyway.

> more robust in that resource agent could check whether resource start is
> possible now at all and prevent unsuccessful attempt to migrate resource
> back to original node.”

A monitor running into timeout does not mean a resource failure, but a RA
failure.
So it's most likely the next monitor will timeouzt anyway, and you just loose
time.

> Yes! This is exactly the behavior I would like to produce. Maybe if this is
> not possible with LSB, is it possible with an OCF resource ? Also I’ve
> considered having it simply not retry but I would prefer this other
> configuration if it is at all possible.

If you want reliability use OCF RAs; the rest wasn't designed for HA
clusters.

Regards,
Ulrich