[ClusterLabs] Issue with Pacemaker config related to VIP and an LSB resource

Michael Romero mromero at convoso.com
Wed Jun 16 02:02:24 EDT 2021

“But in general I guess the idea of rechecking resource after failure
timeout once (similar to initial probe) sounds interesting. It could be
more robust in that resource agent could check whether resource start is
possible now at all and prevent unsuccessful attempt to migrate resource
back to original node.”

Yes! This is exactly the behavior I would like to produce. Maybe if this is
not possible with LSB, is it possible with an OCF resource ? Also I’ve
considered having it simply not retry but I would prefer this other
configuration if it is at all possible.

On Tue, Jun 15, 2021 at 10:54 PM Andrei Borzenkov <arvidjaar at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 16.06.2021 01:49, Michael Romero wrote:
> >
> > At which point an administrator or an automated script could intervene
>
> If you are going to always use manual intervention outside of pacemaker,
> just leave failure timeout on default 0 so cluster will never clear
> failure count automatically on a node.

Michael Romero

Lead Infrastructure Engineer

Engineering | Convoso