[ClusterLabs] [EXT] Re: Two node cluster without fencing and no split brain?

kgaillot at redhat.com kgaillot at redhat.com
Thu Jul 22 13:18:10 EDT 2021

On Thu, 2021-07-22 at 10:48 -0400, john tillman wrote:
> There was a lot of discussion on this topic which might have
> overshadowed
> this question so I will ask it again in case someone missed it.
>
> It comes from a post (see below) that we were pointed to here by
> Andrei:
>
> Is there something like the described "ping tiebreaker" in the
> current
> world of pacemaker/corosync?
>
> Best Regards,
> -John

corosync-qdevice is the closest ... you run qdevice on the third node
and the cluster nodes talk to it

there's also fence_heuristics_ping to allow a node to fence another
node only if it can ping an address (to ensure that a node with
connectivity survives a split-brain). this requires some fencing device
to be configured.