[ClusterLabs] Anyone using remote-clear-port or remote-tls-port for remote CIB administration?

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Tue Feb 2 11:40:55 EST 2021

Hi all,

Pacemaker has a feature allowing CIB modifications to be made from
hosts that are not cluster nodes:

https://clusterlabs.org/pacemaker/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/2.0/html-single/Pacemaker_Administration/#s-remote-connection

Does anyone actually use this? If it is being used, I have no problem
keeping it, but if not, I would like to deprecate it and eventually
drop support, to help with code maintenance.

My gut feeling is that remote administration is moving more towards
GUIs and orchestrators, and the Pacemaker feature is not particularly
useful anymore.