[ClusterLabs] Single-node automated startup question

Strahil Nikolov hunter86_bg at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 14 15:04:28 EDT 2021

If it's a VM or container - it should be on a third location. Using a VM hosted on one of the nodes is like giving that node more votes in a two-node cluster.
Cheap 3rd node for quorum makes more sense to me.
Best Regards,Strahil Nikolov

  On Wed, Apr 14, 2021 at 21:19, Antony Stone<Antony.Stone at ha.open.source.it> wrote:   On Wednesday 14 April 2021 at 19:33:39, Strahil Nikolov wrote:

> What about a small form factor device to serve as a quorum maker ?
> Best Regards,Strahil Nikolov

If you're going to take that approach, why not a virtual machine or two,
hosted inside the physical machine which is your single real node?

I'm not necessarily advocating this method of achieving quorum, but it's
probably an idea worth considering for specific situations.

Antony.

--
Someone has stolen all the toilets from New Scotland Yard.  Police say they
have absolutely nothing to go on.

                                                  Please reply to the list;
                                                        please *don't* CC me.