[ClusterLabs] Why my node1 couldn't back to the clustering chain?

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at ha.open.source.it
Thu Apr 8 15:43:33 EDT 2021

On Thursday 08 April 2021 at 21:33:48, Jason Long wrote:

> Yes, I just wanted to know. In clustering, when a node is down and
> go online again, then the cluster will not use it again until another node
> fails. Am I right?

Think of it like this:

You can have as many nodes in your cluster as you think you need, and I'm
going to assume that you only need the resources running on one node at any
given time.

Cluster management (eg: corosync / pacemaker) will ensure that the resources
are running on *a* node.

The resources will be moved *away* from that node if they can't run there any
more, for some reason (the node going down is a good reason).

However, there is almost never any concept of the resources being moved *to* a
(specific) node.  If they get moved away from one node, then obviously they
need to be moved to another one, but the move happens because the resources
have to be moved *away* from the first node, not because the cluster thinks
they need to be moved *to* the second node.

So, if a node is running its resources quite happily, it doesn't matter what
happens to all the other nodes (provided quorum remains); the resources will
stay running on that same node all the time.

Antony.

--
Was ist braun, liegt ins Gras, und raucht?
Ein Kaminchen...

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.