[ClusterLabs] resource management of standby node

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Mon Nov 30 07:11:40 EST 2020

Hi!

In SLES15 I'm surprised what a standby node does: My guess was that a standby node would stop all resources and then just "shut up", but it seems it still tried to place resources and calls monitor operations.

Like this after a configuration change:
pacemaker-controld[49413]:  notice: Result of probe operation for prm_test_raid_md1 on h18: not running

Or this (on the DC node):
pacemaker-schedulerd[69599]:  notice: Cannot pair prm_test_raid_md1:0 with instance of cln_DLM

Maybe I should have done differently, but after a test setup I noticed that I named by primitives in a non-consistent way, and wanted to mass-rename resources.
As from the past renaming running resources had issues, I wanted to stop all resources before changing the configuration.
So I was expecting the cluster to be silent until I put at least one node online again.

Expectation failed. Is there a better way to do it?

Regards,
Ulrich