[ClusterLabs] Note on Raid1 RA and attribute force_clones

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Fri Nov 27 05:25:02 EST 2020

Hi!

Reading the metadata of the Raid1 RA in SLES15 SP2, I see:
force_clones (boolean, [false]): force ability to run as a clone
    Activating the same md RAID array on multiple nodes at the same time
    will result in data corruption and thus is forbidden by default.

    A safe example could be an array that is only named identically across
    all nodes, but is in fact distinct.

    Only set this to "true" if you know what you are doing!
--

As SLES15 features "Clustered MD", you need to set that attibute to use Clustered MD, of course.
Thus I think the documentation should be updated.

The other thing is the lack of documentation for  $OCF_CHECK_LEVEL

Regards,
Ulrich