[ClusterLabs] Minor bug in SLES 15 corosync-2.4.5-6.3.2.x86_64 (unicast, ttl)

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Fri Nov 20 01:47:22 EST 2020

Hi!

A short notification:

I had set up a new cluster using udpu, finding that ringnumber 0 has a ttl statement ("ttl:    1"), but ringnumber 1 had not. So I added one for ringnumber 1, and then I reloaded corosync via  corosync-cfgtool -R.
Amazingly when (re)starting corosync, it failed with:
Nov 19 15:29:51 h18 corosync[90724]:   [MAIN  ] parse error in config: Can only set ttl on multicast transport types

Independent of whether this may be true or not, it would be nice if it were handled consistently.
Preferrably "ttl" would be just ignored with warning when not using multicast.

Regards,
Ulrich