[ClusterLabs] Parallel execution of resources in resource group

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Fri May 15 18:43:06 EDT 2020

On Fri, 2020-05-08 at 20:47 +0200, Kab Naj wrote:
> Hello,
>
> thank you very much for possible alternatives.
> I still prefer if group unordered resources were possible, but
> probably there was no demand for it.
>
> I understand that in all three provided options I wouldn't use
> resource groups at all.

Correct

> In option 2 - "all with A" trick, I would use A as element to move
> the whole "group".
> In option 3 - I would use a tag as reference the whole "group",
> right?

Correct

> In pcs implementation, can I move a "group" by naming a tag of
> ordering or colocation resource sets ?

Not with the "move" command, which looks for a particular resource to
stop then start. But all "move" does is create a location constraint
for the resource, and you can do that with a tag.

Unfortunately the pcs constraint command currently checks that the
given name exists as a resource, so you can't create the constraint
that way. But you could use pcs cluster edit or cibadmin to add the XML
directly. Instead of:

 pcs resource move rsc1

or equivalently with the pacemaker tools

 crm_resource --move -r rsc1

you can add this XML to the configuration:

 <rsc_location id="any-unique-id"
    node="desired-node-to-move-to"
    rsc="tag-name" score="INFINITY"/>