[ClusterLabs] qnetd and booth arbitrator running together in a 3rd geo site

Jan Friesse jfriesse at redhat.com
Tue Jul 14 06:02:11 EDT 2020

Rohit,

> Hi Team,
> Can I execute corosync-qnetd and booth-arbitrator on the same VM in a
> different geo site? What's the recommendation? Will it have any limitations
> in a production deployment?

There is no technical limitation. Both qnetd and booth are very
lightweight and work just fine with high latency links.

But I don't really have any real-life experiences with deployment where
both booth and qnetd are used. It should work, but I would recommend
proper testing - especially what happens when arbitrator node disappears.

> Due to my architecture limitation, I have only one arbitrator available
> which is on a 3rd site. To handle cluster split-brain errors, I am thinking
> to use same arbitrator for local cluster as well.
> STONITH is not useful in my case as it is limited only to ILO and VIRT.

Keep in mind that neither qdevice nor booth is "replacement" for stonith.

Regards,
   Honza