[ClusterLabs] [RFC] LoadSharingIP agent idea, xt_cluster/IPv6/nftables

Jan Pokorný jpokorny at redhat.com
Wed Jan 15 05:55:16 EST 2020

On 02/01/20 21:45 +0100, Jan Pokorný wrote:
> So, any takers? :-)
>
> Of course, as discussed before, this overhaul would deserve a strict
> separation of the function in question under a dedicated agent like
> LoadSharingIP, letting the equivalent one in IPaddr2 agent and based
> on something practically deprecated on arrival slowly die out.
> Existing agent is pretty complex even without that semantically
> overriding piggy-backing already -- no more gravity boosting like
> that, please (not to speak of its naming that simply won't "click").
>
> Also note there are missing puzzles regarding IPv6 support, still:
> https://lists.clusterlabs.org/pipermail/users/2019-December/026710.html

Shameless plug, I am not aware of any central place regarding nice
to have (someone worked on) projects, so I've stuck this one at the
ClusterLabs wiki if anyone would be interested in scratching their
heads further and move it from the mere concept further:

https://wiki.clusterlabs.org/wiki/Project_Ideas#new_LoadSharingIP_agent

Of course, other such project ideas may emerge there alike.

--
Jan (Poki)