[ClusterLabs] Antw: [EXT] Re: Why Do Nodes Leave the Cluster?

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Thu Feb 6 01:47:55 EST 2020

>>> Eric Robinson <eric.robinson at psmnv.com> schrieb am 05.02.2020 um 21:59 in
Nachricht
<4849_1580936395_5E3B2CCA_4849_709_1_MN2PR03MB4845D4B66D794C4AF58DF2E3FA020 at MN2P
03MB4845.namprd03.prod.outlook.com>:

[...]
> I've done that with all my other clusters, but these two servers are in
> Azure, so the network is out of our control.

Is a normal cluster supported to use corosync over Internet? I'm not sure (because of the delays and possible packet losses).

>> If not, you can easily set them up without downtime.
>>
>> Also, are you using  multicast or unicast ?
>>

> Unicast, as Azure does not support multicast.

The Internet should support mulitcast, but you would have to use registered addresses and ports, I'm afraid.

[...]

Ulrich