[ClusterLabs] Antw: Re: Antw: [EXT] Re: resource management of standby node

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Tue Dec 1 03:03:10 EST 2020

<f3c9daaca84fea2c0db99c5ae161e4785e75a802.camel at redhat.com>:

> Though there's nothing wrong with putting all nodes in standby. Another
> alternative would be to set the stop-all-resources cluster property.

Hi Ken,

thanks for the valuable feedback!

I was looking for that, but unfortunately crm shell cannot set that from the resource (or node) context; only from the configure context.
I don't know what a good syntax would be "resource stop all" / "resource start all" or "resource stop-all" / "resource unstop-all"
(the asymmetry is that after a "stop all" you cannot start a singly resource (I guess), but you'll have to use "start-all" (which, in turn, does not start resources that have a stopped role (I guess).

So maybe "resource set stop-all" / "resource unset stop-all" / "resource clear stop-all"

Ulrich