[ClusterLabs] Antw: Re: Antw: [EXT] Re: resource management of standby node

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Tue Dec 1 02:17:56 EST 2020

>>> Andrei Borzenkov <arvidjaar at gmail.com> schrieb am 30.11.2020 um 16:17 in
Nachricht <0d510ecb-a2fb-1d97-ad05-c71d0c820c7f at gmail.com>:

[...]
>> I thought about that:
>> First put all nodes in standby to stop resources, then put all nodes in
>> maintenance mode, then edit configuration.
>
> There is no maintenance mode for a single node.

Despite of the fact that you can put all nodes in maintenance mode, the SLES guide says:

17.5 Putting a Node in Maintenance Mode
To put a node in maintenance mode on the crm shell, use the following command:
root # crm node maintenance NODENAME

>> Then turn off maintenance mode for all nodes, then put them online again.
>>
>> Soounds somewhat complicated.
>>

> Put cluster in maintenance, edit configuration, exit maintenance mode.

That will cause problems when renaming resources that are running, I'm sure.

> You do not need to stop resources as long as new configuration will have
> the same resources under different names. They can remain active,
> pacemaker will probe and discover them when existing maintenance mode.

In the past that wasn't true.

Ulrich