[ClusterLabs] Antw: [EXT] Stonith failing

Klaus Wenninger kwenning at redhat.com
Tue Aug 18 15:49:13 EDT 2020

On 8/18/20 9:07 PM, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
> 18.08.2020 17:02, Ken Gaillot пишет:

>>> Yes, like this a suicide via watchdog will be triggered if there are
>>> issues with thedisk. This is why it is important to have a reliable
>>> watchdog with SBD even whenusing poison pill. As this alone would
>>> make a single shared disk a SPOF, runningwith pacemaker integration
>>> (default) a node with SBD will survive despite ofloosing the disk
>>> when it has quorum and pacemaker looks healthy. As corosync-quorum
>>> in 2-node-mode obviously won't be fit for this purpose SBD will
>>> switch
>>> to checking for presence of both nodes if 2-node-flag is set.
>>>
>>> Sorry for the lengthy explanation but the full picture is required
>>> to understand whyit is sufficiently reliable and useful if configured
>>> correctly.
>>>
>>> Klaus
>> What I'm not sure about is how watchdog-only sbd would behave as a
>> fail-back method for a regular fence device. Will the cluster wait for
>> the sbd timeout no matter what, or only if the regular fencing fails,
>> or ...?
>>
> Diskless SBD implicitly creates fencing device ("watchdog"), timeout
> starts only when this device is selected for fencing. This device
> appears to be completely invisible to normal stonith_admin operation, I
> do not know how to query for it. In my testing explicit stonith resource
> was always called first and only if it failed was "watchdog" self
> fencing attempted. I tried to set negative priority for CIB stonith
> resource but it did not change anything.

This matches with what I remember from going through the code ...
like with lowest prio but not at all if there is a topology defined ...
which probably should be overhauled ...
If interested there is a branch about having just certain nodes
watchdog-fenced on my pacemaker-clone that makes the watchdog
device visible.

Klaus