[ClusterLabs] Filtering info messages from pacemaker.log

Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais jgdr at dalibo.com
Sat Aug 15 10:06:55 EDT 2020

Hi,

On Thu, 13 Aug 2020 16:12:43 -0700
Howard <hmoneta at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi there.  Really getting a lot of good from using Pacemaker.  Quick
> question on filtering entries out of the pacemaker.log.
>
> We have other streaming slots that are active for our Pacemaker managed
> PostgreSQL cluster in addition to the slot handling the replication. The
> /var/log/pacemaker/pacemaker.log is full of these below entries writing
> four new rows every second. Is there some way to exclude this noise from
> the log?
>
> "pgsqlms(pgsqld)[xxxxxxx]:       xxxxxxxxxx  INFO: Ignoring unknown
> application_name/node "PostgreSQL JDBC Driver"",

I just created an issue in PAF repository to keep track of this issue. See:
https://github.com/ClusterLabs/PAF/issues/178

I'll try to work on this soon. Do not hesitate to post some fix suggestion if
you have some.

In the meantime, maybe you can filter out this flood with some rsyslog setup?

Thank you for your report!