[ClusterLabs] New APC AP7900 switch PDU and fencing

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Tue Apr 21 17:47:03 EDT 2020

Hi all,

  We've been using the APC AP7900 switched PDUs as backup fence devices
forever and a day. The latest units have a new firmware that disables
web and SNMP access by default. This breaks fence_apc_snmp of course.

  We figured out out to configure it for use as a fence device. Here's
the instructions in case it helps others later;

https://www.alteeve.com/w/Configuring_an_APC_AP7900

  In short (run in the serial terminal);

====
# Set the IP
tcpip -i 10.20.2.1 -s 255.255.0.0 -g 10.20.255.254

# Enable the web (http and https) interfaces;
web -h enable
web -s enable

# Enable SNMP
snmp -S enable -c1 private -a1 writeplus
snmp -S enable -c2 public -a2 writeplus
====

  NOTE: This config assumes an isolated network. You will want to tune
the configuration if you are worried about access (ie: set snmp
user/password, change 'public' to 'read', etc). I leave that as an
exercise for the reader.

--
Digimer
"I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of