[ClusterLabs] Pacemaker 1.1.12 does not compile with CMAN Stack.

Jan Friesse jfriesse at redhat.com
Mon Sep 16 09:42:52 EDT 2019

Somanath,

> Hi ,
>
> Thanks for your extended support and advise. I would like to give some background information about my exercise, which will give some fair idea to you folks.
>
> We are planning to use pacemaker + Corosync + CMAN stack in RHEL 6.5 OS. For the same, we are trying to collect the source from Clusterlab.

Are you really sure 6.5? AFAIK 6.5 is no longer supported.

> Initially we got the Pacemaker and Corosync Source successfully from Clusterlab and we were unable to fetch the source for CMAN from Cluster lab.
>
> As you suggested, We already tried to use the latest set of Pacemaker with its prerequisites (Corosync) on top of RHEL 6.5, but it fails due to dependencies of RHEL 7.x Components (Systemd).

At least corosync 2.x should work just fine on RHEL 6 and there is no
hard dependency on systemd.

> So we are requesting you to provide the below information.
>
> Is it possible for me to get the source code for CMAN from Cluster lab ??? (since we are planning to use it for our production purpose, that's why we don't want to go with Red hat sites (even for Publicly available)).

Take following comment as just my 0.02$. Honestly I would go with what
distribution provides. RHEL 6 is still supported and what is there is
tested by QE/other customers in production. If you decide to go with
newer versions on top of old distro you are on your own and you may face
weird bugs which nobody will really care about much.

Regards,
   Honza