[ClusterLabs] Corosync main process was not scheduled for 2889.8477 ms (threshold is 800.0000 ms), though it runs with realtime priority and there was not much load on the node

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Mon Sep 9 11:23:02 EDT 2019

On Mon, 2019-09-09 at 14:21 +0200, wferi at niif.hu wrote:
> Andrei Borzenkov <arvidjaar at gmail.com> writes:

> > > Does your corosync daemon use a watchdog device?  (See in the
> > > startup
> > > logs.)  Watchdog interaction can be *slow*.
> >
> > Can you elaborate? This is the first time I see that corosync has
> > anything to do with watchdog. How exactly corosync interacts with
> > watchdog? Where in corosync configuration watchdog device is
> > defined?
>
> Inside the resources directive you can specify a watchdog_device,

Side comment: corosync's built-in watchdog handling is an older
alternative to sbd, the watchdog manager that pacemaker uses. You'd use
one or the other.

If you're running pacemaker on top of corosync, you'd probably want sbd
since pacemaker can use it for more situations than just cluster
membership loss.