[ClusterLabs] Antw: DLM, cLVM, GFS2 and OCFS2 managed by systemd instead of crm ?

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Wed Oct 16 02:16:05 EDT 2019

>>> "Lentes, Bernd" <bernd.lentes at helmholtz-muenchen.de> schrieb am 15.10.2019
um
21:35 in Nachricht
<1922568650.3402980.1571168140600.JavaMail.zimbra at helmholtz-muenchen.de>:
> Hi,
>
> i'm a big fan of simple solutions (KISS).
> Currently i have DLM, cLVM, GFS2 and OCFS2 managed by pacemaker.
> They all are fundamental prerequisites for my resources (Virtual Domains).
> To configure them i used clones and groups.
> Why not having them managed by systemd to make the cluster setup more
> overseeable ?
>
> Is there a strong reason that pacemaker cares about them ?

AFAIK, DLM (others maybe too) need the cluster infrastructure (comminication
layer) to be operable.
Also I consider systemd handling resources being worse than pacemaker.
What is your specific problem? Keeping the cluster configuration simple while
moving complexity to systemd?

Do you know one command to describe your systemd configuration as short as the
cluster configuration (like crm configuration show)?

Regards,
Ulrich