[ClusterLabs] node avoidance still leads to "status=Not installed" error for monitor op

Andrei Borzenkov arvidjaar at gmail.com
Sat Nov 30 10:41:21 EST 2019

29.11.2019 16:37, Dennis Jacobfeuerborn пишет:
> Hi,
> I'm currently trying to set up a drbd 8.4 resource in a 3-node pacemaker
> cluster. The idea is to have nodes storage1 and storage2 running with
> the drbd clones and only use the third node storage3 for quorum.
> The way I'm trying to do this:
>
> pcs cluster cib cib.xml
> pcs -f cib.xml resource create drbd ocf:linbit:drbd drbd_resource=r0 op
> monitor interval=60s
> pcs -f cib.xml resource master drbd-clone drbd master-max=1
> master-node-max=1 clone-max=2 clone-node-max=1  notify=true
> pcs -f cib.xml constraint location drbd-clone avoids storage3=INFINITY
> pcs cluster cib-push cib.xml
>
> What I get after the cib-push is this failure:
> Failed Resource Actions:
> * drbd_monitor_0 on storage3 'not installed' (5): call=6, status=Not
> installed, exitreason='',
>      last-rc-change='Fri Nov 29 14:20:52 2019', queued=0ms, exec=0ms

This is initial startup probe whether resource is active. It is
independent of whether resource is allowed to run on this node (consider
situation when administrator manually started resource on node which is
excluded by in CIB).

> This is unexpected as there is no need to do any monitoring on the node
> that isn't allowed to host the resource. I can cleanup the error once
> I've installed the drbd tool and kernel module on storage3 as well but
> is there a way to tell the cluster to ignore storage3 node complete for
> any resources and only use it as a voting node?

You can disable startup probes either globally (discouraged) or
per-resource using resource-discovery attribute in location constraint.
If I got pcs right, it would be

pcs -f cib.xml constraint location add drbd-clone-avoids-storage3
drbd-clone storage3 -INFINITY resource-discovery=never